Friday, April 23, 2010

Cancun

Aaron and I were able to go to Cancun for 6 days this last week for a "Sports Medicine Conference" where we did a little of that and a lot of other stuff. Aaron was chosen to be a presenter at the conference and did an amazing job. It was a little intimidating talking to 150 sports medicine docs but Aaron was very prepared and even got everyone to laugh a little with his power point presentation.
Cancun is such a beautiful place and we had a great time exploring and playing. When we got to the airport and went outside to catch a shuttle to the hotel, I was expecting tropical sunshine and a little humidity, but it was more like a hurricaine. Luckily this only lasted the first 24 hours and then it was amazing weather. We decided to take advantage of trying out an all inclusive place and I am so glad we did. Food is so expensive in Cancun, so to not have to go and find a place or worry about how much it was going to cost was awesome. Our hotel had great food and restaurants.

The first place we went was called Xel Ha. It was about a 90 minute drive south of Cancun, but better weather and so fun. We were able to go with 2 guys that Aaron works with and their wives. These next few pictures were taken while we were there.



We rode bikes to the mouth of this fresh water river that we tubed and snorkeled down.It started in this spot where you go through a windy maze of mangroves.


This cave was towards the end of the river where it merged into the ocean.


These next few pics are us at the hotel..

Hanging out by the pool and continuously applying sunscreen to our white bodies.


We went on another snorkeling adventure where I got to drive the boat, or at least pretend to.



Aaron and I eating at one of our favorite restaurants "El Mirador"


This was our favorite restaurant for breakfast and Lunch. They had made to order omelets for breakfast and fresh fish for lunch.


Aaron had one of our guides find him a ripe coconut and the chef at our restaurant cut it open for him. It was so yummy!



Our view from our hotel room and the stormy skies the 2nd night we were there. There was an amazing lightening storm on the horizon that we sat and watched for a while.

Cancun sunrise from our hotel room





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! You and Aaron look so relaxed. Looks like you did a lot of fun things. I like how even the sand under your hammock looks raked for you. A resort sounds heavenly!

Julie G. said...

You brought back so many fun memories, Marc & I honeymooned in Cancun, stayed at an all-inclusive and snorkled/played at Xel-Ha! What a great vacation for you two! Though with all the time playing, did Aaron really go to any of the conference? lol. How did Dax do while you were gone?

pitterbecky said...

How fun for you guys!! It looks like an awesome trip!

Whitney Blake said...

How fun! Lane and I are headed to Mexico in May not to Cancun but to Cabo and we can't wait! These pics got me excited for our trip. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ann, you make me jealous, seriously. That looks like you had an incredible time, I'm sure you two needed it! From what I observed, Daxton was well taken care of and spent lots of time outside with Guy.

jfoss said...

Dude I wanna go. That coconut looks delish...get in my belly! It's really cool to see you two get some well deserved R&R and excellent work A-ron with the presentation. 150 peeps?! Way to represent.