Sunday, January 15, 2012

Birth story


Well I finally have a few minutes to update on the arrival of baby Tess.  
The Story:  I went into labor here at home on Tuesday the 6th of December.  At about 12:30 am I realized that I was really in labor and we left for the hospital 3 hours later when my contractions were 5 minutes apart.  When I got to the hospital I was dilated to a 5 and definitely in labor.  I got the epidural about 2 hours later and they gave me pitocin an hour later and within the next 20 minutes I was complete.  I was so excited up to this point and glad it had gone so smoothly.  For those of you who remember my delivery with Dax you will understand why I was very nervous at this point.  My doctor came in and had me start to push.  Luckily Tess was in the correct position and 3 pushes later she was here.  I was so grateful to have this be such a wonderful experience.  It is amazing what a difference it makes to have a very calm atmosphere and a patient doctor who was very good to me.  
The craziest part of the whole thing was that we decided to let Dax be there for the delivery.  We contemplated whether to do it or not, but when I went into labor once again in the middle of the night we did not question it.  He did so great.  He sat in the corner watching a movie until he heard her cry and then he was right there by her side and was so great from the start.  He loves her so much.  I quit counting the amount of hugs and kisses she gets from him every day because it is a constant thing. There has not been a jealousy issue and he is so helpful.  











1 comment:

Whitney Blake said...

So glad this time went smoother!! I can't wait to meet baby girl. She is beautiful!