Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Boise, oh yeah we made it about a month ago..

I am so behind in my posts on here so be ready my goal is going to be 1 post every week until I am caught up.
We got back from Mexico the middle of July and then the craziness began. We ended up finding and renting a townhome online, which we never thought we would do, and ended up moving 2 days later. Were we ready? Not even close, but we pulled it together, got a moving truck and packed up boxes with lots of help and loaded the truck. Aaron and his brother drove the truck to Boise the next day, unloaded it and came back to Utah in the same weekend. It was a crazy whirlwind of a weekend, but it worked out.
We played in Utah with family and friends the last 2 weeks of July while I finished up work and then drove up to Boise. Aaron was nervous if I would like the place we rented and I love it. It is so perfect for us. It is only a few years old and the layout is great. There are a few pictures below.
The adjustment has been a little harder than I thought it would be. We loved living away when we were in Ohio and I guess I thought that that same feeling would come right back. This time is very different. We have Dax and we have taken him away from friends, cousins, grandparents and frankly I am just too boring for him. He has adjusted and started Kindergarten last week which I think has really helped him. This first picture is of him jumping onto his bed and I posted it because I love the look on his face. He is such a happy boy and I truly am so grateful for him. He brings so much happiness to our home. He is so excited for this new little baby to join our family. He wants to be the first to do everything for her and asks questions about her all the time. He will be such a great big brother.
Aaron is loving his "Job" if you can call it that and has become a much more avid Boise State fan. He has said a number of times since we moved here that it does not even feel like work sometimes. This makes me so happy. I give him a hard time about it just because I can, but really it just helps me know that we have made the right decision in moving here and continuing on 1 more year so he can be truly happy in his profession. He does work hard and is a great husband and dad.
As for me, I had a hard few first weeks with not working, and leaving great friends which I did not remember being so difficult. Other changes like being home with Dax all day and struggling with headaches have also gotten me down. They have gotten better just this week and I am feeling much better. I found a new OB which I have been to once and know that it was a great decision. He is very sweet and sat and listened to my long story of my first pregnancy and delivery and the issues I had with that. It is just what I needed. It is weird having 3 hours a day to myself while Dax is at school, but with my to do list of over 30 items and exercising, I am keeping super busy.



The Living Room is open to the kitchen and dining room.

The kitchen

The dining room/Dax school work space

Our Bedroom

3 comments:

Travis, Michelle, Leah, and Kenzie said...

Your home looks awesome and I love Dax's face!! We can't wait to come visit!

metromut said...

Ann.. I love the house. You guys did a great job at putting everything together. I miss you lots. ~Lin

The Alaska DeKays said...

Will you come and visit and decorate my home?! Beautiful place.