Monday, September 27, 2010

The Dirty Dash

The "Dirty Dash" is well, just that. I cannot remember a time when I have had so much fun getting so dirty. I usually get dirty cleaning or getting spilled on, but this race was a different sort of Dirty. My brother, sister and I signed up for this 10k race at Soldier Hollow back in July and have been excited ever since. I was quite nervous considering that I had never run a trail race before, much less in the mud, but as soon as we crossed the start line I knew I was going to have a blast. It began with a steep hill that had been watered down all morning with a snow machine and let me tell you, it was a slippery mess. The people who put the race on said it would be a mud run and boy did they deliver. There was a series of muddy, watered down obstacles throughout the entire race. There were walls to climb over, tunnels to climb through, hay bails to jump over and yes a secret obstacle which was a mile and a half through the marshy edge of Deer Creek Reservoir. At the very end of the race they had a 500 foot slip and slide and then the final mud pit which was a 1 1/2 foot deep mud hole. My awesome sister-in-law Tacy volunteered to come and take pictures and did an amazing job. Thanks Tace!!

Before the Dirty


The climbing walls


The spectators got to throw water balloons at us and this one was from my loving husband.


Our jump into the mud pit


We are so Dirty!!


I love this picture of Michelle, it truly shows how dirty we really got.


Scott and his ski goggle lines


It took 4 times cleaning my shoes to get them back to normal


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the mother of all awesome races. Great job on the race and I totally want in on the next one!
ps. I'm glad you guys are making it out to New york, such good times to be had!

Whitney Blake said...

How fun!! That looks like it was a total blast! I love how you and Aaron are always doing all of these fun races. (: Hope all is going good for you.

Heidi said...

That is awesome!! Congrats on such a great fun time. Way to run, get dirty and enjoy the ride. Indeed, let's have an Anderson group...or create one in the backyard. Haha. Great job Ann! Love ya.

Corinne Baird said...

Now that looks like fun. : )