Sunday, July 20, 2008

success

I attempted to potty train Dax this last week, and to my surprise, he is doing amazing.  It was a rough 1st day, running to the bathroom every 15-30 minutes and then taking him 5 times in a row when he had an accident, but it worked.  Each day was a little better.  He started to go to the bathroom and do it by himself on Tuesday, and we went shopping on Wednesday, and he asked me if the store had a bathroom.  So I took him to it and he went.  He is pretty much doing it on his own now.  We are still struggling a little with him going #2, but that will come with time I hope.
That is pretty much what our week has consisted of here at the Anderson's 

5 comments:

Whitney Blake said...

WAY TO GO!! That is really exciting news. Dax is such a good kid, I knew he would figure it out fast! Glad things are going well.

Weston & Jennie said...

Congrats!! I am glad that it seems to be going well. I hated potty training. I need to start with Macey soon, but I think that I will just wait until the baby comes and we get into a routine.

Julie G. said...

I'm so glad that the potty training has been going so well! It looks like it definitely pays to not "force" it on kids but to let them be ready. Hope it continues to go smoothly!

Jenny said...

Congrats!!! That is a huge step! Keith loves to sit on the potty, but has only gone 2 time... and then one time sat on the potty for 10 min and as soon as he got off... went all ofver the floor. I have an idea that it is going to be a while before we get him to go... We miss you guys so much!

metromut said...

suckers... i am glad that you got peer-pressured into blogging. now i can spy on you from the internet when i am not spying on you in person, from my bike and multiple drive-bys.