We finally did it. I went away for more than one night with my sweetie. I know that sounds crazy, but we have never been away for more than one night since we had Dax (Yes I know and Yes he is 4 1/2).
Our weekend began with a ski day at Snowbird. It was great. The snow was great and we went with Aaron's sister Kathrine and her husband Jake. I love Snowbird because you can ride the tram up and it takes a long time to get down, so I personally never have time to get cold. Aaron got me new ski clothes for christmas which helped as well.
We stayed up at some condo's at Wolf Creek for Friday and Saturday night. We ate at Goodwood on Friday night and at McCool's on Saturday. We got to go sledding on Saturday morning with Aaron's brother Michael and his wife Shanna. Yes I felt like a kid again for about 30 minutes until I had an instant reminder of why sledding is not quite what it used to be. We had a crash, a major crash and I ended up sitting up in the middle of some trees, Shanna as well and Michael unfortunately was the one who got ran over at the bottom of the hill with a boot to the head and my head and neck to his knee.
So I just took Tylenol the rest of the time and a couple hours after sledding we got to go and have full body massages. It was great. The rest of the time we just relaxed at the condo and came home on Sunday afternoon. A much needed vacation I must say. Here are some pictures of our weekend.

Aaron and I at Snowbird




Before...

and after

This is what we were sledding on. Beautiful up close.
3 comments:
LOl I love that "action" shot before we were all in a lot of pain. That was a great getaway!
Good for you guys getting away together. Looks like a fun and dangerous time.
Wow, Ann! What a terrific weekend away! Looks like a memory to keep, for sure. And, ouch! on that sledding accident! But I'll bet the massage made up for it...
Post a Comment