Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I wish I could blog more.

Well once again it has been what, 2 months or so since I have posted an update.  Oh well.  
We are doing well here.  I just went and had dinner with Aaron at the hospital tonight while he is on call and we are celebrating his last day of call for a month.  He has once again been on call for 3 months straight, and he is feeling it, not to mention me as well.  
We have had a crazy couple of months here at our house.  We decided a couple of weeks ago that we needed to buy a new car because 5 times in the last month we have not been able to get out of our neighborhood.  We did not realize it at first, but we are pretty much in a gully.  We like it, but it is crazy when it snows.  We ended up getting a Honda Pilot, which is all wheel drive.  It makes life much less stressful when it snows.  
We have been planning a trip to Disneyland at the end of February, and I made the mistake of telling Dax that we are going.  He was literally almost in tears when I told him it was not today.  Oh yeah and not for another month.  For now he knows it is going to come after Valentines day, and we don't talk about it unless he brings it up.  He also started sunbeams in January and he loves it. He is also finally up to 30 pounds.  He has gained about 4 pounds since we have moved here which is amazing for him.  
He has been so funny lately.  He is finally praying again. (He was on a prayer strike for a couple of months)  He has been saying lately that he is thankful that daddy could come and visit us at our house.  I think it is funny, but I'm afraid Aaron may take it a little more serious.  It really makes us realize how much Aaron is really gone.  We know it will not always be this way.  Thank goodness!!!



2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey, great entry and pictures! What a fun way to keep in touch. I like Dax's comment about Aaron visiting, only a child can share a view like that; yet still sweet. Glad you guys have a pet he likes too, cute to see him holding the frog (is he like five years old or something?!?). Well great update and look forward to the magical trip next month!
(p.s. our blog address is changed to
FossFeatures.blogspot.com if you want to update the link) :)
~H

Anonymous said...

Oh, melt your heart! I know it must be a sacrifice to go through residnency. Thank GOODNESS for you and Dax his work schedule will not always be this way.