Saturday, September 27, 2008

Retreats baby!!

Aaron and I have had an awesome couple of weeks. We got to go on our first Resident Retreat with Aaron's fellow residents and the attendings that they work with.  We got to stay at the Chateau Hotel in Deer Valley and eat at Ghidotti's in Park City. By far one of the nicest restaurants I have ever been to.  I must say one of the biggest highlights of the weekend was at this restaurant when Aaron left to go to the bathroom and came back to inform us that Michael Jordan was eating at the same restaurant, just around the corner from us.  (This is Aaron's most admired athlete ever!)  Aaron was nice enough to not interrupt him during his dinner, although all 30 of us "had to go to the bathroom 1 or 2 at a time"  so we could get our own glance at him.  It was pretty cool!! Here are some pics from our weekend. 


    Aaron and I posing in park city after riding the Alpine coaster


We went golfing with everyone, but our foursome was with Carissa and Franz


          All but one of Aaron's fellow residents and their spouses


Aaron getting on the Alpine coaster which takes you way up the mountain and then they let you be in control of how fast or slow you go down this roller coaster.  It was a blast!!!



We went on a beautiful Sunday hike with Aaron's family.  This is my favorite part of the fall season, when the leaves just start to change, but there is still some green as well.




Last weekend we were able to go with my office on a overnighter retreat to my boss's cabin and to Park City.  Our time at the cabin consisted of eating some awesome grilled food, playing nerts and poker until 2:00 am and sleeping in twin beds and some of us in bunk beds.  It was a great time.  On Saturday my boss took all of the guys golfing and the girls got to go shopping in Park City.  It was a great weekend to get to know everyone at the office again.  

4 comments:

Celeste@MomBodFitness said...

I can't believe you saw Michael Jordan...truly my favorite athlete..We saw Carlos Santana at a restaurant a couple weeks ago...as cool as he is, it just doesn't compare!

NNA said...

Hi , I found your blog by searching for "Nerts" online. It is cool to see others that know the game. I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to let you know about playnertz.com. It has got a bunch of Nertz information there as well as videos and online Nertz games. Feel free to check it out. Also you, your friends/family are welcome to join fellow Nertz players in The National Nertz Association while you are there.

Anonymous said...

Ann, that sounds like such a fun weekend. It looks like you've married into a pretty terrific family. Cute pictures.

Whitney Blake said...

WOW.. talk about a retreat, that sounds awesome. Plus seeing MJ how cool is that!!!